Bill Pope practices almost exclusively in the area of family law.
For nearly 50 years, Bill has been representing clients in dissolution of marriage actions, focusing on those with complex financial issues, including business ownership and professionals in private practice. Additionally, he has served as a Judge Pro Tempore in Thurston County Superior Court, Thurston County District Court and City of Olympia Municipal Court. He is also an AV rated attorney with Martindale-Hubbell, reflecting a high degree of integrity and dedication to the legal profession. He is AVVO rated 10.0 “Superb.”
At Western Washington University, Bill received minors in Economics, Sociology, and History.
- Washington State Courts (admitted in 1973)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thurston County Bar Association (Board of Directors, 1999-present)
- Washington State Bar Association
- Thurston County Volunteer Legal Clinic Volunteer Advisor and Trainer (2004-present)
- Thurston County Bench-Bar Commitee (1984-1994 and 2002-present)
- Thurston County Continuing Legal Education (Committee Chair, 2001-present)
- TCBA Family Law Committee (1979-present, Chair 2004-2014)
- Washington State Bar Association Fee Arbitration Board (1982-2002)
- South Puget Sound Community College Paralegal Advisory Committee (2002-present)